Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Tasks for the day 03/26/13

This morning I had a load of laundry going, the kitchen table cleaned off, dishes put away from breakfast, and even made muffins for breakfast all before taking the boys to school. Yippee!

Yesterday I think I kind of set myself up for failure by the way I did my list, so today I think I am going to make a list of about 3 things that HAVE to be done no matter what, then add one or two items that I would like to accomplish or some kind of general task (like declutter one area for 15 minutes). I am going to have to try and figure out what will work best for me so it may take a few tries!

I did notice yesterday that finishing the boy's rooms was hanging over my head the ENTIRE day. But I had two things come up unexpectedly that took priority. It's those kinds of things that end up getting me in trouble. So I was thinking maybe there will be things I do every day no matter what (kind of like what Nony called non-negotiables).

I think I tend to try and bite off more than I can chew so I am trying to take a step back and think about this logically. I don't want to be too easy on myself and yet I don't want to set myself up for failure either. So one step at a time...and must have patience. If I do more that day then great! But I am not going to be able to just jump in and change everything in a day. It took way longer than a day to break so it will take way longer than a day to fix it!

So my tasks for today are:

Make the beds - Done first thing this morning!

Pay bills -Done!

Clean bathrooms (My ultimate goal is to wipe them down daily so cleaning takes less time...but one step at a time!  This week I am focusing on making the beds every day a habit once again and eventually teaching my boys to make their own.) - So, didn't do this one today but did 3 loads of laundry instead.

Work on paper clutter in one part of the house for at least 15 minutes -


No comments:

Post a Comment