Friday, March 29, 2013

Rolling, rolling, rolling...keep them doggies rolling...

I have spent a lot of time this week thinking about my purpose for this blog and what exactly I am hoping to accomplish by doing this. My focus isn't just getting my house back in order. actually, a big part of my focus is just getting my life back in order. I thought life was crazy when my twins were born, and those few years after. But nothing has prepared me for then getting older, more active, and moving every few years. So, really I want to focus on getting my life back together somewhat and learning to adapt to the situation rather than finding it all overwhelming and giving up before I even get started.

This week I spent a lot of time thinking about not only cleaning up and organizing my home, but my health and health of my family as well. How can I improve this? How can I lose some weight and start eating better. How can I help my children with their needs (my kiddos have special needs, will explain all that some day I guess) and do all that needs to be done.

When you fly somewhere you will hear the flight attendant tell you in case of an emergency to put your face mask on first and then secure the face mask for your child. I never understood this before I had children of my own. Then one day it just hit me and I "got it." You must take care of yourself first, because if you aren't around then who is going to take care of your child? In my head I now get this. But it has been SO HARD to try and put this into practice in my own life. I know I need to take better care of myself. I know I need to exercise on a regular basis and eat healthy. But actually doing this has been really, really hard for me. So really I want this blog to be about that journey...putting it all together and finding what works for me. Not just cleaning up and organizing my home.

Although the last few weeks I have really been focused on my house, I need to focus on the whole picture. I need to add one thing maybe from each area of my life a week that I want to work on. Or maybe just one thing from one of the areas. I don't know. I want to take it slowly and yet I want to dive right in and do it all. So very hard to know what is right! The biggest thing I don't want to do is to set myself up for failure. I WILL get there. And with each step forward I may take a step or two back from time to time, but the important thing is that I keep on going!

So while the other day I got discouraged because I didn't pick up everything that night before going to bed like I had done every night the last week, I will just keep going. Tonight I will make sure that all the toys in the living room are picked up before I go to bed. So I missed a night, that doesn't mean I give up. That doesn't mean it can't be done. That doesn't mean I am going to fall back into the old habit of just leaving it because I figure what's the point anyway? I just take it one step at a time and keep on going!

No comments:

Post a Comment