Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Goals Take 2

As I have been working around the house I have started noticing all the "goals" I want to make for myself. I am a list person. I thrive off having a checklist to work from. I am a methodical person to say the least. Years ago I read the book Eat That Frog. It was an amazing book for me. It basically tells you to take the task you dread the most eat day and just do it. Get it out of the way. I put that into practice at my job back then and it really did make life at work a wee bit easier each day. Kind of like when you eat dinner you eat in the order of your least favorite and leave your most favorite thing for last (or at least people like me do!).

So, the point is that when I find myself with a list of goals/tasks to get done I tend to get a lot more done than without that list. I am so easily sidetracked so this helps me stay focused and on task. So I have decided I need to keep a running list of things I need to get done. Seeing those crossed off things on a list is an amazing feeling for me. Heck, I have even written something on my to do list that wasn't there but I had done anyway just so I could cross it off! Yes, I am strange like that...but I know I am not alone in that one...

Now I just have to decide if this is going to be a daily, weekly, or monthly kind of thing. Oh wait...I remember when I used to be all organized I had a home binder that had all three of those lists in it. Hmm...may have to resurrect that thing in the near future. For now it is something to ponder a little longer so I will go with my daily lists I have been doing. Focus is the key for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment