Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Goals

I have given this a lot of thought since deciding to go on this journey of holding myself accountable. I have gone over and over in my head about what is important to me and how I could possibly accomplish these goals. And then I walk through my house and feel overwhelmed yet again. But I am refusing to allow this to get the better of me. I am determined to make this happen and stick!

So the gal at A Slob Comes Clean gave me lots of wonderful ideas, I just had to figure out what will work for me. I love her Daily Checklists, but is this something I could make myself do every day? Could I get back on the computer and actually do this every day when I have vowed not to be on the computer at night? I decided it was worth a shot. Still not sure what I will actually call mine since I am doing a little different kind of thing than her, but I know it is something I truly want to try and do. It will motivate me to do something. And on more than one occasion as I was reading her blog, she pointed out how she sat to type the checklist out and realized she hadn't done something on it so it motivated her to go and do it. That is what I need...MOTIVATION! So, if I know I am going to have to actually write it down for all the world to see (not that anyone is actually reading this, but that's okay, I know it's out there), then I am going to get it done.

So, that brought me to when to start this...my philosophy...no time like the present! I know, I know, normally I would make all kinds of excuses to start on a Monday. Monday is the best time to do it, it's the beginning of the week and just easier.  Well, if I wait for "easier" than I may as well just give up now before I even get started. Because you know what, next week we are on Spring Break so that is going to be a huge challenge for me having my kids home and trying to get this all accomplished. But you know what...I am going to do it...no...matter...what!

My goal for this next week is to get the kitchen and bathrooms in shape so that I can maintain and not have to start over with a massive cleaning every time I walk in there.

No comments:

Post a Comment