Monday, March 25, 2013

Menu Plan Monday

I used to plan my menu for the entire week, every week when we were in Indy. It made life so much easier. I stopped for several different reasons and have tried very hard to start again several times. This is one of those things I really do think is important for me to start again. Important enough that I am truly going to focus on it as one of the first things I get back in the habit of doing. And of course, what better way than to hold myself accountable by posting it on my blog! So here goes my first Menu Plan Monday...



Monday - Talapia w/fresh veggies

Tuesday - Sweet & Spicy Bacon Chicken w/sweet potato fries

Wednesday - Roast w/fresh veggies

Thursday - Left overs

Friday - Tacos (I make my own taco seasoning from this recipe and LOVE it!)

Saturday - Lettuce Wraps (this has become my favorite quick meal!)

Sunday - Easter Sunday - no cooking for me!

The other day I had a horrible headache and when my hubby came home from work he ended up making dinner for us and the boys. I felt so guilty about it and a comment he made at dinner when I thanked him stuck with me all this time. I told him thank you and he said "I am used to making 3 meals a day." Well, this really kind of offended me truth be told. He has gone all Paleo on me so yes, he has been making his own meals for the most part. When he started this a month and a half or so ago, I just couldn't get on board with him.

He has gone through so many different phases and I have done everything I could to support him in the past, but this was just more than I had the energy or heart to do. Until now, when I see him actually sticking with it. I want to be supportive, I truly do. So even though I now make sometimes 4  different meals for dinner each night, I am trying. And part of that will entail cutting back making 4 different meals and trying to get it down to something everyone will eat, even if there is just 1 element each person will eat. I can't keep being a short order cook. My kids have issues, and eating for the them can be difficult (yet another post for another day). But that is no excuse as to why we can't figure this out as a family. To make a better effort at eating the same foods. It can happen. I have faith!

Linking up to Menu Plan Monday over at I'm an Organizing Junkie. My first link up since I started blogging years ago. Woo-hoo!

2 comments:

  1. I didn't make a menu last week and while it was slightly freeing I am glad to have one again this week.I hope it continues to go well for you.
    {Stopping by from MPM}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sarah! I have LOVED having a menu plan again this week. It has really helped with the "What do you want for dinner" question every night, not to mention not having to spend the time figuring out what to make! Going to hope over and visit your blog now for some yummy ideas!

      Delete